Big reappearance after NRL wedding fiascoMitchell Pearce and his fiancee Kristin Scott. Picture: instagram https://www.instagram.com/mitchpearce_7/?hl=en

NRL star Mitchell Pearce’s fiance Kristin Scott has reportedly been spotted back in the company of the wives and partners of Newcastle Knights players.

It comes after the 31-year-old disappeared from the Instagram influencer’s account last month.

The halfback’s wedding day was called off just days out from the event on December 29 after alleged flirty text messages from Pearce to a young female club employee emerged.

Watch Live & On-Demand coverage of NRL pre-season trial matches on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial now & start streaming instantly >

The Newcastle star was scheduled to marry his Scott in Byron Bay in front of 150 family and friends, including some of the biggest names in the NRL.

The relationship has been further strained with Pearce not seen on his partner’s Instagram account since November 6.

However, the fractured relationship has reportedly taken a positive step forward with Scott attending a social meeting of the women behind the Knights players at the home of coach Adam O’Brien last week.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the sighting is a “good sign” for the relationship.

The report also reveals Pearce has been working hard to make amends to Scott in recent weeks.

The troubled relationship has played out in the public eye with reports Pearce’s intimate texts to a Knights employee were discovered by the woman’s long-term boyfriend.

The Daily Telegraph reported in December the boyfriend is a close friend of some Knights players, including forward Lachlan Fitzgibbon.

Fitzgibbon was reportedly furious at Pearce’s actions, but has since buried the hatchet with his teammate.

Pearce stepped down as captain of the club last month — reportedly making the decision himself.

In addressing his decision to step down, Pearce said he and Scott were “sorting things out”.

“For me it’s been a traumatic few weeks for my personal life and those I love,” Pearce said.

“Unfortunately my actions have impacted the team and more importantly the people I have closest to me, Kristin and my family.

“I‘m taking steps now to address these issues and for me to step down as captain this season.

“I love this club and I love my family and I’m committed to working as hard as I can to be the best man I can be both on and off the field.”

Newcastle in January announced a five-man leadership group to replace Pearce as captain.

Mitch Barnett, Kalyn Ponga, Daniel Saifiti, Blake Green and Jayden Brailey will form part of the senior leadership group.

The messy saga has played out at a crucial moment in Pearce’s career with the former NSW State of Origin star’s contract expiring at the end of the 2021 season.

The Knights are reportedly expected to make Pearce a formal offer this month. The Australian first reported last week Pearce has accepted that he will have to take a significant pay-cut on the reported $1 million per-year deal he is currently enjoying.

The Knights are reportedly keen to offer just a one-year contract and want the deal done before the start of the NRL season.

Pearce is faced with the dilemma of taking the deal or delaying negotiations until he has had a chance to show his form on the field in the first rounds of the season — and potentially attract bigger-money offers from rival clubs.

The report also stated Pearce has reacted well to the turmoil in his private life and is in “an amazing head space” on the field.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here