Minor injured in cylinder blast in Kalwa

THANE: A 15 year old girl suffered burn injuries following a gas cylinder leakage and explosion that ripped apart her neighbour’s tin shanty in the Gholai Nagar slums, Kalwa, late Saturday evening.
According to fire brigade officials, the incident was reported around 7.30pm after the domestic gas cylinder kept in an empty tin shanty caught fire and exploded causing a flash of fire. Officials said the minor girl was in the neighbouring shanty and suffered minor burn injuries to her face and limbs and cuts from tiny tin splinters that flew due to the explosion.
The girl was rushed to the nearby hospital by locals even before fire officials could reach the spot manoeuvring the narrow bylanes over the Parsik hills. A thorough probe in the incident is likely to be conducted by fire officials.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here