Questions over Meghan’s Oprah special

Following a tumultuous few days for the royal family, Harry and Meghan’s upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey may need to be re-shot. Here’s why.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly may have to reshoot their interview with Oprah Winfrey after being stripped of their royal roles.

Buckingham Palace announced on Friday that both Meghan and Harry have officially quit the Royal Family with the Duke, 36, losing his military titles.

The pair were interviewed by Oprah last week – shortly before being stripped of their royal roles.

The interview has now been “significantly” edited, the Mirror reported.

RELATED: Royal storm over Meghan interview

A source said: “When the Duke and Duchess spoke, it was never envisaged they would have their patronages taken away.

“They didn’t see it coming and spoke as they still had roles to play.

“Now, however, other than their titles, they are to have no role in royal life – a point producers know was not discussed when Winfrey spoke to them.

“Neither the Sussexes nor the TV crew saw the fallout of their interview leading to this. Harry and Meghan thought they would retain their roles.

“But things have significantly changed for them since they eagerly sat for Winfrey and poured their hearts out.”

RELATED: Meghan’s five-day Queen take-down

US TV network CBS wants to reshoot some of the interview in light of the changes, an insider claimed.

The interview was filmed just days after Prince Philip was taken to hospital.

An international bidding war is underway for the interview, which will air in the US on March 7.

A source said: “The fact she has been with them at such an intense time has given her a unique insight into the rift with the royals.

“The drama of last week means that Oprah’s tell-all show will be pure box office gold.

“But it’s time for other royals to hide behind the sofa.

“The interview took place on Wednesday and Thursday,” the source added.

The Queen said she was “saddened” after her grandson and the Duchess of Sussex confirmed they would not be returning as working members of the family.

A statement released by the Palace said The Queen wrote to say that it is “not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service”.

But Harry and Meghan hit back and said: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

Prince William was reportedly left “really sad and genuinely shocked” over his brother Harry and Meghan Markle’s “petulant” response to the Queen.

Meghan and Harry last year announced they were quitting as royals, saying they wanted to become financially independent.

Since then, they have moved to the US and signed a string of multimillion pound deals including a rumoured $130 million deal with Netflix.

They have also started their own foundation, Archewell, and launched a podcast series with Spotify believed to be worth $54m.

This article originally appeared on The Sun and is reproduced here with permission.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here