Tom Williams returns to Dancing With The Stars16 years later, does Williams still have what it takes?

Former Dancing With The Stars champion Tom Williams is making a return to the dance floor – and our screens – for the upcoming All Stars season of the show.

Way back in 2005, The Great Outdoors and Daily Edition presenter Williams and dance partner Kym Johnson defeated runners up Ian Roberts and Holly Brisley to take out the title.

And he created a few of the show’s most memorable moments – mostly thanks to his aversion to wearing a shirt as he danced to a raunchy medley of Leave Your Hat On and Kiss.

This year Tom is partnered with Alexandra Vladmirov. They started dance rehearsals this week. It marks another surprise TV turn for Williams, who quit the Seven network in 2019 to start a new career as a real estate agent. He returned to screens last year as a contestant on Ten’s I’m A Celeb, finishing in 10th place.

Tom and previously announced all star Ada Nicodemou are two of five former DWTS champions taking part in the upcoming season that has fan favourites quick-stepping back onto the dancefloor for a second shot at the coveted mirror ball trophy. Season 6 runner up Fifi Box is also confirmed to return for the special all stars season.

Box said it’s going to be quite the challenge given she’s been focusing on motherhood over fitness for the past couple of years.

Spilling the news on air on Friday, The Fox Melbourne radio host and mum-of-two, 43, joked that she “hasn’t left this chair” for two-and-a-half years since before the birth of her daughter Daisy.

“Fitness has not been my thing for the past two or three years. I haven’t done much … so surprise, surprise, I am about to hit the dancefloor,” she told co-hosts Brendan Fevola and Nick Cody.

“It’s been 14 years since I was on the dancefloor, it’s a long time between dances … I am back baby!” she added, explaining of her time on the show: “Being on Dancing With The Stars back in 2007, it was one of the highlights of my life. I loved it so much, it was this incredible experience.”

The full cast, host and judges for Dancing With The Stars: All Stars, which will air as a special two-week season on 7, will be announced soon. The series is being filmed at Sydney’s ICC in March.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here